Remote Operator Agreement
Last modified: May 21, 2018
This agreement is between TheoTech LLC (the “Company”) and You (the “Operator”). The Company in this agreement is the party contracting with the Operator for provision of services, the final recipient is the party receiving the services, while the Operator is the party who will be providing services. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES – Operator shall provide service of actively operating the spf.io technology and captioning live speech during events. Operator shall uphold the quality and accuracy of their work and follow captioner integrity tenets. Operator shall be eligible for paid gigs only after completing certification.
- PAYMENT FOR SERVICES – Company will pay Operator the agreed upon hourly rate after completion of services. Payment processing will be completed on a weekly basis and will be issued according to the information provided by the Operator.
- TERM/TERMINATION – This Agreement shall be in effect indefinitely or until either party chooses to terminate the relationship. Termination shall be done in writing.
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES – It is understood by the parties that the Operator is an independent contractor with respect to the Company and not an employee of the Company. The Company will not provide fringe benefits including health insurance benefits, paid vacation, or other benefits to the Operator. Both parties agree that the relationship between Company and Operator is non-exclusive and that the Operator may perform services for other organizations and/or individuals. The Operator is a professional who uses their own methods and equipment to perform services.
- WORK HOURS – The Operator understands that they choose and commit to their work order engagements at their own discretion. Operator also understands and agrees to provide cancellation notice at least 7 days prior to the work order engagement, should they need to cancel.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – The Operator understands that information received in the course of providing services, such as prepared content and live speech, constitute confidential information and agrees to protect such information and not disclose confidential information to anyone unless required by law.
- INDEMNIFICATION – The Operator agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company from all claims, losses, expenses, fees, costs, and judgments that may be asserted against the Company that result from the acts or omissions of the Operator.
- SEVERABILITY – If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT – This Agreement constitutes the entire contract between the parties. All terms and conditions contained in any other writings previously executed by the parties regarding the matters herein are hereby superseded. Modifications of the Agreement shall be deemed effective upon specified date. Notification of an updated agreement will be sent out 14 days before it becomes active. Operator’s continued engagement on the platform after the effective date indicates agreement to modified terms.